Are you looking for a new air conditioner for your home? Are you confused if you should buy a ductless cooling system or not? If you have never had a ductless system, you may want to know few things before buying one because mini-split system is by far different from traditional unit. It is advanced in its features which we are going to discuss below.
Mini-split air conditioners are the most popular of ductless cooling systems. They are equipped with two important components: an outdoor compressor and the indoor unit.
The Pros of a Ductless Cooling System
If you compare ductless mini-spit air conditioning systems with traditional units, you may find plenty of advantages, especially if you are not a big family. Services of HVAC in Charleston, SC, for ductless systems are a lot more convenient than central unit; matter of fact, mini split ACs have made a lot of things easier with its advanced features. Let’s look into some benefits of a ductless cooling system:
- They’re easier to install – Generally, mini-split ACs do not require ductwork. All it needs is a specialist of HVAC (Charleston-based makes it easier for the residents); he will need to puncture some small holes in the wall that would accommodate refrigerant lines, you are all done!
- They save you more money – Ductless systems are cost-efficient because they are room specific, so you do not waste energy in rooms that are empty.
- Cool and warm air is more evenly distributed – Since ductless air conditioners focus on individual rooms for the heating and cooling process, distributing the air evenly and efficiently to each individual room or desired area in your home, making it more comfortable for you.
- It allows more airflow – With a house tightly packed during summer or winter, the air contaminants become part of the house, making difficult for people who have allergies from air pollutants. To be safe from dust and mildew, ductless systems offer air purifier filters that help you eliminate the unwanted contaminants leading to allergies inside the home.
- They’re smaller in size – in Charleston, HVAC companies provide various services for the ease of residents. So if you are a single person or two living in the house, mini-split air conditioning systems are best for you with a reduced energy bills as compared to central system as well as ease in the installation process.
The Cons of a Ductless Cooling System
There are many advantages of a ductless cooling system; however, you may find minor drawbacks depending upon your priorities. Let’s look at some of the cons of ductless cooling system.
- Be prepared to spend – Ductless cooling systems are expensive to buy which is why most of the people prefer central systems. In addition, they may not be suitable for a big family where everyone has a separate room. On the other hand, mini-split limits the cost associated with ductwork; plus, they are a huge energy saver!
- They can appear bulky – This totally depends upon the homeowners. Some like the look of mini-split systems in their house, especially when it is small, so it goes with the design of the rooms. While others prefer central systems, keeping the interior of the house neat. But again, it’s all about preference, and there is nothing bad about liking a different design.
- Regular maintenance – Just like tuning your vehicles to drive perfectly during the extreme weathers of Charleston, HVAC systems need to be maintained, too. Ductless mini-split may not require regular repair, but you still need take care of the maintenance once or twice a year. Many companies of HVAC in Charleston, SC, offer a detailed checklist for tune-ups to keep your system running, giving a prolong life.